PDA Sales Tracker is a sales-tracking software built for Jaree, a company doing the sales promotion surveys and analyses for HP. This software stores the sales data, demonstrations, and different types of surveys conducted by each store of HP world-wide into a centralized database. The system enables efficient collection of sales and demonstration data, and has features that help to conduct different types of surveys and prepare various types of analysis reports.
The project contained features where the promoters could enter their product data using a questionnaire with responses sent via an HP iPAQ on a daily basis such that:
- It was easy to learn for promoters even though they did not speak English often.
- It minimized the error rate vs. time required.
- It permitted weekly changes to the questionnaire.
- It was independent of an eventually non-existing Internet connection.
- The surveys helped Jaree to identify customers, promoters and store staff's opinion about the product.
- The image uploading feature could tell Jaree about the Shop in Shop (SiS) arranged store.
- Java 1.6.0
- Eclipse Europa
- Struts 1.2
- Apache Tomcat 6.0
Back to References Next Reference