Open Source Factory
The Open Source Factory of PIT Solutions combines the talent to tailor-make solutions according to needs, with the ability to use assembly-line techniques for quick and efficient 'manufacture' of open source software solutions based on PHP, Python and Ruby. Our view is that many website features can be derived from open source tools especially based on PHP, Python and Ruby. But they all meet only a certain percentage of features and the remaining percentage that demands a software engineer to build something new. These additional features make each website solution unique and it is this portion that goes on to meet the specific client requirements.
Our software engineers take care of the customization part of the building process. For the available part from Open Source community, we use the same beneficial techniques used in traditional manufacturing. The assembly of this part is done quickly and efficiently using ready-made components sourced from the OpenSource suite.
We offer the following services through our Open Source Factory:
- Object Oriented Programming with PHP5 and Ruby
- Web Design and Web Development
- Web Applications and Enterprise Portal Development
- Content Management Systems
- e-commerce Applications
- Web Services
- Customization of OpenSource Applications
The close resemblance of our assembly process with the highly efficient manufacturing process on a typical factory floor inspired us to call our team the PHP Factory. PIT Solutions promotes reliable and quality software that evolves at a high speed with the support of Open Source through our PHP Factory. We strive to build solutions with a wide economical margin for you and deliver software that is customized according to your requirements, to give you the competitive edge in your area of operations.
The quartet of Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP, also called LAMP, is what we bank on for our solutions through this Small Business Unit (SBU).In our SBU we give specific importance to few products and frameworks viz TYPO3, Drupal, Wordpress, Magento, Symfony, Zend etc because of following reasons.
TYPO3 is an open source content management system that offers flexibility and creative freedom both in the standard set of embedded modules and high-performance architecture. For authors, TYPO3 is an easy to use tool that allows publishers to create and maintain web pages, using sophisticated functions by just clicking. With TYPO3 everyone can participate in web communication and customer relations. Also, easily integrating multimedia content are among the standard options of this open source CMS.
For administrators and editors, TYPO3 includes a detailed system for managing user permissions for implementing professional content. TYPO3 does not limit the requirements of a professional design and allows adjustments to his or total redesign of the site.
Drupal is content management software with great standard features, like easy content authoring, reliable performance, and excellent security. Flexibility is addressed well and modularity is one of its core principles. Its tools help you build the versatile, structured content that dynamic web experiences need.
Drupal is also a great choice for creating integrated digital frameworks. You can extend it with any one, or many, of thousands of add-ons. Modules expand Drupal's functionality. Themes let you customize your content's presentation. Distributions are packaged Drupal bundles you can use as starter-kits. Mix and match these components to enhance Drupal's core abilities. Or, integrate Drupal with external services and other applications in your infrastructure. Moreover Drupal is very powerful and scalable.
WordPress is a PHP based CMS tool which is completely free tool, used to create dynamic websites. WordPress is dynamically driven through the use of a database. You must have the ability to create and utilize a database to use WordPress. WordPress stores all of the information such as posts, articles, and pages in the database.
- Theme development and customization
- Plugin/Widget development and customization
- Security enhancements and Performance Optimization
- SEO, Hosting and Deployment
- E-Commerce Solutions and related add-ons
- Ajax based, Multisite and Multilingual websites
- Configuration of advanced plugins like Content composer, Revolution slider, Wordfence etc.
Magento is one of the most trusted names for developing eCommerce websites has become preferred CMS for several businesses.
Why Choose Magento to Develop an eCommerce Website
- Handles Multiple Stores: One of the prominent features of Magento is that it lets you manage more than one store from a single admin panel.
- Unlimited Themes: Customization is like a second skin of Magento eCommerce development. You can get any desired look, any template and customize the store the way you want to.
- Better Browsing Options for Users: Advanced features such as multiple images of a product, zoom-in capability, product reviews are some of the things that make Magento user-friendly.
- Easy Ordering Options: Providing the users easy ordering options will help you get a better ROI for your business. Magento website development allows you to edit, create, view, and fulfill orders from the admin interface.
- Google Analytics and Much More: One of the important aspects of managing an eCommerce site is to regularly track the site. This helps you understand the overall performance of the store.
- Great for Marketing: Another key area that any business needs to give ample importance is marketing. Magento not only helps in sales and revenue generation, but also has powerful tools such as Up-Sells and Cross-Sells that induce the user to order for more products.
With a passionate developer community, out-of-the-box documentation and thousands of web applications across different industry verticals, Symfony is one of the premier open source framework based on PHP.
Even though we are expert in developing applications using a wide range of frameworks available in the market, Symfony development is our forte when it comes to developing complicated web applications requiring scalability, extensibility and ease of maintenance.
PITS specializes in Symfony2 and Symfony3 Web Development and provides our clients with high-quality Development services and solutions.
Our highly skilled and experienced web development team uses the best practices of Symfony application development to create scalable, secure and cost-efficient Symfony web applications with high performance and security.
Our Symfony development team has developed many applications using this framework, and we’ve learned the important lessons that only come with years of experience.
We are also adept at building complex enterprise applications based on Symfony framework and help businesses ramp up their operations at a faster pace, lesser price and of high quality.
Ruby is a dynamic, reflective, object-oriented, general-purpose programming language. Ruby on Rails is a framework that makes it easier to develop, deploy, and maintain web applications. Rails applications are written in Ruby, a modern, object-oriented scripting language.
Ruby on Rails has been considered to be the best usable technology for developing Web 2.0, Ajax based application. It helps to produce high-quality, beautiful-looking web applications quickly.
Like most open-source frameworks, Rails has found a home in the agile community. This modern approach to software development promotes early deliveries, feedback from the client, and adaptation over the course of the development process.
One of key principles of Ruby on Rails development is convention over configuration. This means that the programmer does not have to spend a lot of time configuring files in order to get setup, Rails comes with a set of conventions which help speed up development.
Why we prefer to use Ruby on Rails:
- The process of programming is much faster than with other frameworks and languages, because of the object-oriented nature of Ruby and the vast collection of open source code available within the Rails community.
- Rails is good for rapid application development (RAD), as the framework makes it easy to accommodate changes.
- Ruby code is very readable and mostly self-documenting. This increases productivity, as there is less need to write out separate documentation, making it easier for other developers to pick up existing projects.
There are many other Open Source tools and technologies out there that are being constantly updated by the community which includes individuals and companies like PIT Solutions. Out of these outstanding tools above list only covers few, PIT Solutions works with many other tools and is more focused on to get expertized with other tools also expanding our base in Open Source Technologies.