WordPress services PITS offers:
- Design, Installation and setup of WordPress Websites
- Custom building templates
- Modifying templates
- Custom built extensions
- Modifying extensions
- WordPress Upgrades & Migration
- Maintenance and support
- Visual composer plugin based theme integration.
- WordPress multisites with multidomains
- Multilingual websites or shops
- Third-party API integrations
We recommend WordPress for our small to medium-sized projects, as it is flexible and inexpensive to use. WordPress is a free, Opensource CMS designed as blogging software but has since grown into a complete CMS. WordPress is globally in use and estimates that approximately 40% of the most popular 10 million websites run on WordPress, with a total of about 60 million web pages on WordPress. This would make WordPress the most popular CMS in the world
Advantages using WordPress:
- Cost-effective to implement
- Easy to use and learn
- Responsive mobile design
- Thousands of premium high quality templates
- Pluggin’s for every possible function
- Outstanding Scalability
- Gutenberg editor to manage contents as blocks.
- Biggest CMS support community worldwide
- Google loves WordPress’s "Out-of-the-Box" SEO configuration
- Easy installation of a shop solution
- Easy for Editors to use and learn
- Social media Integration
- Multilingual: Available in more than 70 languages.
- Open Source - no license fees
Wordpress ist Open Source:
WordPress is open source (licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL)), which means the source code of the software is available for anyone to study, modify and fun with it. WordPress is community software. It is maintained by a large group of volunteer majority of who are WordPress consultants with active interest in growing and maintaining WordPress.
Comparison with other popular CMS’s:
- Ease of Use and customization: WordPress is the easiest CMS for a non-techie to install and set up, and the easiest to use out of the gate. That counts for a lot.
- Fastest Delivery: Fastest Web Site construction possible in WordPress.
- Most Server Support: Most of Servers support for WordPress sites.
- Flexibility: Easy to create any type of website you want (i.e. blog, CMS, E-commerce, portfolio, etc.).
- Introduction of Gutenberg editor, which replaces default WYSIWYG editor with blocks type content managing make it competitive with other CMS’s.
Is WordPress just a blogging tool?
No, WordPress can be used in many different ways. You can use WordPress as the following:
- Content Management System (CMS)
- E-Commerce Store
- Video Collection
- Event management
- Site Rating Website
- Multimedia websites
Availability of Support, themes, plugins and code repository
WordPress got a variety of resources to help you get the most out of WordPress.
- Modification requires knowledge of PHP and sometimes JS too..
- Graphics modification requires knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Incompatibility with older plugins: Often WordPress core and plugin update's can cause incompatibility with older plugins.
- Security - WordPress is secure by default but we can add additional security measures using plugins and some other methods if needed.
- Gutenberg editor based on JS than PHP, and manages contents as blocks.
- Blocks will become more important, extending beyond the page editing screen.